Occasionally, one of our Rowan County, North Carolina customers will ask if there’s anything he or she can do to make the job a little easier before a Stout Heating and Air Conditioning tech arrives. While we can deal with any detail once we’re at your home, here are a few things that can be of assistance.
- Gather any paperwork that came with the unit when it was installed that might aid in diagnosing the problem.
- Try to find the most recent invoices for any work done to your air conditioning system. If possible, try to remember any comments made by the last technician to work on your system and write them down. The more information you give the technician the faster the diagnosis and repair.
- Clear away anything that might be in the way of the air handler so the technician can easily open the panels and conduct an inspection.
- If the air handler is in the garage, you will probably want to move anything that might obstruct access, such as cars, furniture, supplies and materials.
- If the air handler is in the attic, locate the opening to the attic and clear anything that might interfere with placing a ladder under it.
- Clear away anything that can get in the way of the technician having access to the condensing unit (outdoor unit) or electrical disconnect, such as plants and shrubs.
- Locate the main electrical panel to the entire home, or that particular part of the home, and inform the technician upon arrival.
- Find out where your drain line exits the house. It’s usually next to the condensing unit (outdoor unit) or the exterior wall that is closest to the air handler closet.
- Don’t discard the most recent filter. Let the technician inspect it and include it in the diagnostic.
- Last but not least, if you have animals please put them in a secure place as far away from the yard and air handler area as possible. Your Stout tech will appreciate the safe working environment.
That’s about it. If you’re willing and able to take care of some of these items before we arrive, that’s great. But even if you don’t, our top Rowan County, North Carolina air conditioning technicians come prepared to succeed, with expert knowledge and a knack for fixing most A/C issues on the very first visit.
Stay cool and call if you need us.